SmartGlow PS (Pre Stain) can be used directly in to the agarose or polyacrylamide gel. SmartGlow PS (Pre Stain) replaces carcinogenic Ethidium Bromide. SmartGlow PS exhibits excitation peaks at 290 nm and 490 nm. SmartGlow PS emits GREEN fluorescence when bound to DNA (single-strand or double strand) and emits RED fluorescence when bound to RNA. The separation after the electrophoresis can be viewed and documented using UV or blue light illumination.
• Replaces hazardous ethidium bromide (EtBr)
• Better sensitivity than EtBr (down to 0.1ng)
• Excitation of both UV and blue light
• Ships at ambient temperature (store at 4°C)
• Prepare 100 ml of agarose or acrylamide solution.
• Add 6 µl SmartGlow PS stain to the gel solution before pouring gel.
• For enhanced results, SmartGlow PS may also be added to the running buffer (6 µl SmartGlow PS stain to 100 ml running gel buffer). This will increase the sensitivity to detect small amount of nucleic acid.
• View and document the separation after the electrophoresis using UV or blue light illumination